Happy Holidays!! I can’t believe we are already in the month of December!! The has flown by us so quickly it’s really weird. This month I am so happy to introduce someone I recently met thu Facebook, Kathleen creates these amazing “witch/protection bells” that I feel in love with. I had to share her story in my blog. Let’s get to more about Kathleen! 💜💜💜
- Please tell us about yourself. My name is Kathleen Blacklock and I’m a widowed mom of 4 amazing kids ages 27, 18, 13 and 11. I started Magical Witchism about a year ago. I believe in the universe and all the living things within it. I follow a more nature based pagan tradition which allows me to Incorporate nature based elements in my practices. I create Witch Bells/ Protection Bells, home cleansing kits, talisman charms, smudge bundles, pendulums and more.
- Where are you originally from? I was born in Encino Ca. and moved to The Antelope Valley when I was five. I bought a house 19 years ago in Palmdale Ca. with my late husband Matt.
- How did you start this journey? I have always believed there was something else out there other than the Christian religious beliefs. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be open to the craft and have spent my life inching towards the place I’m at now.
- Your spirit animal would be? I feel like my spirit animal is a mythical creature called the Phoenix. Many times in my life I have fallen and have managed to rise up and start over when I have needed too.
- Is there something that you are currently learning to amplify your skills? Lately I have been doing Gong Therapy with my best friend who is a sound healer. That has really opened me up spiritually and my relationship with nature helps me stay positive which help me keep my energy levels up. I also love hearing how happy my customer are when they receive a set of Bells I have made them and how it has helped them and given them joy.
- What inspires your work? I am inspired by nature and tarot. I’m constantly inspired by nature when I go on my daily hikes in the mountains and desert. Tarot is a really big part of my life and I honestly draw inspiration when I read my cards.
- How do you share your artistry with the world? Where can we find out online? People can find me on FB and Instagram as Magical Witchism. I also have an Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicalWitchism
- Do you do this full time or is it more of hobby? I do this part time. I’m still raising my 2 youngest kids who are my whole life. I work on Magical Witchism when they are in school and I do a couple Vendor shows a month that I post on my social media.
- What do you wish to accomplish by sharing with others your artistry? I hope to open people’s minds up to magick especially nature based magick.
- What is the most important thing in your life? The most important things to me in my whole life are my kids.
- Do you have a personal motto? Or Favorite quote? My personal motto is “Nothing ever turns out the way you think it’s going to” I try to live by this. That way my Expectations are in check and I’m not totally disappointed when things don’t work out the way I thought they were going to.
Here are some pictures of Kathleen’s amazing products:
Thank you for stopping by my Blog. Subscribe below to my newsletter to get the latest news and specials happening at Jennifer Sher Art.
Love + Light
Jenn Sher ⚛️🌀💟