I am so delighted to introduce this month to Kerrie Abello. She's a visual artist I met though social media. She fell in love with one of my sculptures "Love Always Wins". This sculpture traveled all the to Australia. It was so beautiful to know she went to a good home and she was shown in Kerrie Abello's gallery. What an honor!!
Let's get to know more about Kerrie and what inspires her art. <3 <3
- Where are you from? Where are you currently living? Tell us about yourself? I’m in the Macarthur Region of South West Sydney, Australia. Busy mum of two kid, I’m a visual artist, assist with community projects, provide art therapy, hypnotherapy, coaching and mentoring, and furthering studies in metaphysical sciences, counselling, NLP & Hypnotherapy. I run a shopfront gallery in Campbelltown, and am a medical administrator in my spare time! I’ve worked in many industries such corporate services, emergency services and health/disability services however art was always my underlying passion.
- What is your brand and/or passion? I love art, creating it, looking at it, talking about it, experimenting with it. I love patterns and symbols - they are my absolute passion. I see patterns everywhere and try to capture them in my artwork with doodles among other things. I love how art makes you feel, how it helps you heal and is interpreted so many ways. My art I use my name ‘Kerrie Abello’, the other modalities are under ‘Kezunk’ and the gallery is ‘Dragonfly Community Gallery’ 🙂 All part of the many layers that are me!
- What inspires your work? Nature is my inspiration. I love the earth, the wind, moon, stars, sky, water, just all of it. Animals, humans, nature ... we are all connected. I think the biggest awe thing for me is space - the stars, moon, sky, clouds and sun, planets and in-betweens!
- What does happiness mean to you? Happiness to me is peace, ebbs and flows, a still mind, spirit, fun, laughter and seeing others in pure joy.
- How do you share your passion with the world? I use social media but don’t like how distracting it is and disconnected in ways. I love face to face and connect with people through my pop-up shops and markets as well as my workshops. I also have started running some chat groups locally to talk about people’s spiritual journeys and sharing information with others to know we are not alone.
- Where can we find you? You can find me at www.kerrieabello.com.au,on Facebook and Instagram, as well as Tumblr, LinkedIn and Meetup. I have a pop ups in Campbelltown on Tuesdays most weeks and have a marker stall third Saturday of the month in Campbelltown.
- Are you currently working on a project that you don’t mind sharing or are you running a sale or special? I’m about to launch my online website shop where people can buy original artworks, order merchandise with my original artwork on it on several items, and order prints on demand. It’s a one stop shop for all Kerrie Abello arty things! 🙂 I’m also working on some positive affirmation cards with my artwork!
- Do you do this full-time or it more of a side project? Part-time for the moment!
- What are your plans for the future? Further studies in art and healing through art - myself and others. Spreading the art and good vibes to all!
Here are some wonderful pictures of Kerrie's work. Enjoy!
Kerrie's Pop-up Table